Take part in fierce ship-to-ship battles in Waves of Steel – an unconventional and endlessly replayable naval combat simulator landing next Wednesday on Steam.
Face off against humongous enemy fleets in a story-driven, edge-of-your-seat single-player campaign that transcends time and space. Alternate-history WW2 goes off the rails in a big way, with historical ships facing down fever-dream superweapons armed with lasers, lightning guns, and other science-fiction staples.
(Think “maritime Kerbal Space Program on acid.”)
TAKE BACK THE SEAS!
Across the globe, tyrants are seizing power. Their limitless military forces seem impossible to stop – rolling across all organized resistance like waves of steel. But their reach is not limitless – and in the seas and oceans of the world, resistance holds strong …. for now.
Take command of one of the few remaining free warships. Resist. Stay ahead of the enemy’s grasp – and find the source of their power!
Waves of Steel is a fast and accessible naval combat simulator. Across its single-player campaign, your lone ship will need to take on hundreds of enemy ships, planes, and submarines – as well as colossal superweapons like a flying battleship and a gun made out of a volcano (!) Between missions, use the parts you’ve scavenged to customize your vessel in a flexible yet straightforward ship designer. You’ll need all the firepower you can muster to take on the enemy.
- Extensive single-player campaign broken up into small pick-up-and-play missions.
- Powerful ship designer that allows you to freely place parts on your ship’s deck – along with customizable flags, paint jobs, and decals. Build your own destroyer, cruiser or battleship!
- Dozens of playable ships based on historical designs.
- Hundreds of ship parts with distinct artwork and capabilities. Use naval artillery, anti-aircraft guns, missile launchers, and more advanced weaponry like railguns and lasers to take down the enemy.
- Story-motivated missions with a small cast of heroes and villains. Circumnavigate the globe in your fight against tyranny!
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Waves of Steel will be available on Steam Early Access next Wednesday, July 21 for $9.89 – a 34% discount. On July 28, the game will return to its retail price of $14.99.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Founded in 2020 and based in Pacifica, California, TMA Games is the home for solo developer Chris Weisiger’s passion projects. To learn more about Waves of Steel and TMA Games, please visit http://tmagames.com.