Blowing Rock, NC – February 4, 2021 – Video game consulting firm The Powell Group (homepage) has today launched a brand new online master class for video game industry professionals seeking to dive deep into the industry’s most pressing topics. The IndieGameBusiness Master Classes is an online series of classes lectured by industry thought leaders that covers a range of popular topics all professionals should learn.
These in-depth classes are affordable solutions for games professionals interested in learning about topics such as game development, game launches, marketing campaigns, community building, streaming, localization, and much more. Additionally, as part of The Powell Group’s goal of educating game developers around the world, passes for a class cost up to $250, a quarter of what other organizations charge for similar classes.
The initial list of courses include:
- Releasing Your Game on Multiple Platforms
- The Business of Games – a Philosophical Approach
- Game Development for Designers 101
- The Game Writer and the Narrative Designer (and How You Can Be Both)
- The Ins and Outs of Video Game Localization
- Designing Immersive Experiences Through Visual Narrative
- Marketing Games, WTFFF (What’s the Fun, Focus, and Features?)
- Lights, Camera, Gameplay: Setting Up Twitch for Business
- Community Building For Games, A Path To A Successful Launch
The Powell Group has a deep history of industry events, most notably The IndieGameBusiness Sessions, a series of conferences that brings the world’s best publishers, investors, marketing companies, and developers together for networking and business-making. IndieGameBusiness is the longest running virtual conference in the gaming industry.
More information about the series can be found here.
Media interviews with The Powell Group are available upon request.