In a recent interview for Australia’s Channel 9 Arnold Scwarzenegger revealed that he would be return.
When asked about the film and the franchises future the actor seemed very upbeat.
“I am looking forward to it,” he said. “Yeah, absolutely.”
— The Today Show (@TheTodayShow) March 18, 2016
Last year Scwarzenegger said he’d be back and the sixth ‘Terminator’ film would likely be filming in 2016, but this was thrown into doubt back in January when Paramount Pictures pulled the planned sequel from its scheduled spot and swapped in Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron’s ‘Baywatch’ film instead.
The film series was reported as being put on indefinite hold after disappointing Box Office returns from ‘Terminator: Genisys,’ which made $440.6m worldwide, but only took in $90m in the US.
‘Terminator: Genisys’ was released in 2015, starring Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney.
‘Terminator’ is not the only movie franchise that Scwarzenegger is returning to. In recent years the actor has revealed that he is in the frame to make a sequel to his two ‘Conan’ movies as well as ‘Twins 2’, which is the hit comedy he did with Danny DeVito. More recently it has been revealed that the actor is in talks to return for a sequel to ‘The Predator’.