The colorful, endlessly upbeat 3D platformer Super Sami Roll, created by Sonzai Games and published by X PLUS, will be rolling its way onto Steam a week from today – Wednesday, July 21!
Inspired by ‘80s and ‘90s platformers where players roll a ball through beautiful game worlds, Super Sami Roll delivers the high-rise thrills, rolling hills, and adorable characters from gaming’s golden days that we all miss so much!
Marble Madness, Marble it Up!, Super Monkey Ball… If you’ve been longing to return to those magical summer vacations, Super Sami Roll is going to blow your mind.
ROLL OVER, BEE-THOVEN
In Super Sami Roll, you need to get through 12 fun-filled hours of content to help Sami rescue his friend Vera from a meanie who calls himself “Albert VII.” Cruise past beautiful green fields, deserts dotted with magnificent pyramids, dangerous oozing volcanoes, frigid ice lands, and many other memorable places to take Albert VII down a peg … or two.
(Yep, Albert V sounds about right!)
- Picturesque world: Explore eye-catching environments and meet memorable characters.
- Level variety: Play through dozens upon dozens of unique levels!
- 2D and 3D: Painstakingly hand-crafted pixel art meets modern 3D graphics.
- Secrets galore: Tons of secrets – including awesome unlockables like a multiplayer mode!
- Easy to learn, tough to master: Progressive difficulty with a hearty challenge.
- Sami in style: Customize your character to your heart’s content.
- Musical delights: Upbeat soundtrack – check!
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Super Sami Roll will launch on Steam next Wednesday, July 21 for $9.89 – a 34% discount. The game will return to its original retail price of $14.99 on July 28. Super Sami Roll will initially be available on Windows only.
ABOUT X PLUS
Starting as a fashion company in 1986 in Osaka, Japan, X PLUS went from making figurines of popular Kaiju and Japanese fictional characters (Shonen-Ric) to developing and publishing indie games like Smelter and Super Sami Roll, respectively. To learn more about X PLUS, please visit https://en.xplus.co.jp/service/game-development.
ABOUT SONZAI GAMES
Founded in 2020 by veteran developer Sergio Matta, Sonzai Games is an indie studio with big dreams.