It has been a very long wait, but the retro-scifi web series Mercury Men premiered this week. This cliffhanger-style series was announced way back in 2009, but since then SyFy picked it to air on their website (similar to what they did for Riese).
It has a strong start so far with the very creepy looking Mercury Men invading a skyscraper in 1975. Luckily, a mysterious man, with a nifty energy blaster pistol, is there to (hopefully) save the day and, more importantly, the Earth.
“Edward Borman, a lowly government office drone, finds himself trapped, when the deadly Mercury Men seize his office building as a staging ground for their nefarious plot. Aided by a daring aerospace engineer, Edward must stop the invaders and their doomsday device, the Gravity Engine.”
Check out the first two episodes below.
Related Posts You Might Enjoy:
- IndieNet and Beyond Tunes Into ‘BlackBoxTV’
- IndieNet and Beyond Travels To ‘Western X’
- ‘Aidan 5’ Clones The IndieNet and Beyond
- IndieNet and Beyond Investigates ‘Pioneer One’
- The IndieNet and Beyond – Top Ten Web Series of 2010