DangerKatt Creative Studio is happy to announce a new chapter in the adventures of Professor Moriarty, and we are thrilled to have acclaimed, Eisner-winning artist Janet Lee (RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN) onboard.
Original series writer Daniel Corey is partnering with Lee to produce a one-shot comic titled MORIARTY: THE JADE SERPENT, which focuses on Jade, the fearless ninja warrior who fought alongside the Professor in MORIARTY Vol. I: THE DARK CHAMBER.
MORIARTY first released in 2011, published by Image Comics, written by Corey, with art by Anthony Diecidue and letters by Dave Lanphear. Colorist Perry Freeze and guest artist Mike Vosburg also contributed. Two Volumes of MORIARTY were released, titled THE DARK CHAMBER and THE LAZARUS TREE. 2013 saw the publication of the MORIARTY Deluxe Edition Hardcover, and digital release MORIARTY: ENDGAME hit ComiXology in 2015.
This latest chapter is a bit of a departure for the series, as it is told from Jade’s POV. She and Moriarty must collaborate to solve the murder of a politician in Tokyo’s red light district.
“I am so happy to be working on a MORIARTY title with Janet,” Corey said. “She has such a distinct style, an amazing attention to detail, and I think that she is giving the audience something original and unique in the way she interprets these characters. The Professor himself would be pleased, I’m sure.”
The announcement broke at San Diego Comic-Con 2016, as part of the Comics of Tomorrow: Innovations for the Future of Comics panel that Corey participated in. In addition to discussing the new Virtual Reality adaptation of MORIARTY: ENDGAME, Corey showed some of Janet’s inked pages for the first time.
There is no release date at present, but Corey hopes the book will be available later this year.
Praise for MORIARTY:
- “MORIARTY is a book that should be mentioned in the same breath as THE WALKING DEAD, CHEW and HACK/SLASH when it comes to the best comics coming out of Image.” – Horror Haven Reviews
- “To me, the book is what I imagine Kubrick’s take on Holmes lore might be…” – The Daily BLAM!
- “Daniel Corey not only gives us a fresh and fascinating take on one of the most legendary villains in literary history, but he does it with such skill that you’ll find yourself rooting for the ‘bad guy.’ An absolute ‘must read!’” – Jenna Busch (Founder and Editor-in Chief, Legion of Leia)
- “MORIARTY is such a brilliant mix of villain and hero living in the same character’s heart. A fresh, sympathetic, witty, action-packed exploration of a literary figure who lived in the shadows…until now.” – Doug Jones (Star of HELLBOY, PAN’S LABYRINTH, F4: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER)
- MORIARTY: THE JADE SERPENT will be published by DangerKatt Creative Studio, and will be a direct continuation of the Image Comics series. It is written by Daniel Corey, with art by Janet Lee and letters by Dave Lanphear.
Publisher: DangerKatt Creative Studio
- Writer: Daniel Corey
- Artist: Janet Lee
- Letters: Dave Lanphear